Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Epic Iowa Weekend

So, we have officially lived in Indiana for 2 months!! That being said, I was getting kind of homesick for people that I love and things that are familiar. Jordan (being the best husband ever) suggested that we go home for Labor Day weekend. It was such a great plan and turned into exactly what I needed.

As per usual, we filled every minute with family and friends. Friday night we grilled out with my parents. Saturday, we had breakfast with Erica and Sam (such a cute little guy) at Sweetheart Bakery. I LOVE LOVE LOVE that place. It was so great to catch up with Erica and her Mom and Grandma. On my way out I stopped for a sandwich at Homer's (I used to work there so I feel like I try to eat there every time we go home).

We spent the rest of our Saturday in Iowa City. First, we stopped by Java House for a hot beverage (I cannot get enough of their Chai) and picked up some new Hawkeye gear. Then, we spent the rest of the afternoon watching the Hawkeye game with Jordan's family. Thankfully they won and we had some delicious pizza.

As if the fun never stops, we went to the QC Airshow on Sunday and topped it off with a yummy BBQ. Then on Monday we went to Breakfast in the Park with the family.

All in all, we had a fantastic weekend... now the count down is on until our November Family Fun weekend (i.e. the Iowa/Indiana game)

2 comments:

  1. Glad you got to come home for a few days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was great to see you both over the weekend!!! It was just what I needed as well!! :) The time just went too fast!!! By they way, I LOVE the picture of Hayden at the Brewers game!!!!
    Love you both-
    xoxoxoxoxox
    Mom G

    ReplyDelete