Sunday, October 21, 2012

Chicken Noodle Soup

Soup soup soup.... that is quickly becoming the theme of this fall's meals... and I don't see it ending any time soon...

Tonight's menu: Chicken Noodle Soup

Ingredients:
  • 1 whole chicken 
  • 8 cups water 
  • 2 teaspoons salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper 
  • 1 bay leaf 
  • 1 medium onion-chopped 
  • 3 medium whole carrots- chopped 
  • 2 stalks of celery- chopped 
  • 1 1/2 cup egg noodles (I used 1/2 bag) 
Directions:
  • Combine chicken, water, onions, salt, pepper, and bay leaf in a large stock pot. Bring water to a boil. Cover and let simmer for 1 1/2 hours or until chicken is cooked. 
  • Remove chicken from the broth and let cool. Once it is cooled, remove meat from bone and cut into small pieces. (I did not cut it but simply tore it into little pieces). 
  • When you are ready to finish the soup, bring the broth to a boil. 
  • Add carrots and celery, simmer for 5 minutes. 
  • Add egg noodles, simmer for 5 minutes or until noodles are tender. 
  • Add chicken, simmer until thoroughly heated. 
I let the soup sit for about 20 minutes before serving to let all of the flavors marinate. Once we sat down to eat, it was perfect!!

The best part will be the yummy lunches we have this week!

Enjoy!!

1 comment:

  1. I was totally expecting to see pictures of your jack-o-lantern????
    We are getting excited for the weekend!!!
    Mom G.
    xoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete