Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Trying to stay positive about fitness bootcamp... blah

So many of you know that I have been working out with a program at our gym called "bootcamp." It is an 8-week intensive program that attempts to get you into awesome shape. For a person moving to a new state and starting a new job, that sounded like the perfect plan!

On a typical week we do 2 days of cardio and 2 days of strength. It works out pretty well and we are on week 7. I am gong to be honest, in my first few weeks, I really struggled to get through. With all of my medical history/breathing issues, it was really difficult for me to get through one set of anything. Now, I am feeling much better and have found a pace that works for me and my lung capacity.

If we are really being honest, I will let you know that today was the worst day of the entire thing for me. Yesterday and Monday were awesome. I went to class and felt really good about what I was doing and the progress I had made. Today, was like a slap in the fitness face. We were doing cardio (which sucks for me every time) and I could not do any of it. I was messing up on the jump rope, I was weezing after 10 seconds on the eliptical, and then to top it off- my trainer (bless is freaking heart) came to talk to me about how things would be much easier if I lost a few pounds... REALLY????????????? REALLY??????????? I am not going to lie... I kind of lost it at that moment. I mean I come to the gym 4 days a week, I have cut down on my soda intake, and I try to eat well... but now we are going to talk about me losing a few pounds? Hmm.. how about we talk about that tomorrow... when I can breathe? Now that I have left the gym, ate breakfast, and have showered, I am feeling like I do not want to drop kick everyone in shape to Texas.

On a positive note, tomorrow is a new day :) I will finish my 7th week and be ready for the weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Kate, you should be so proud of how far you have come. Trainers can be so dumb sometimes - does he know you have cut down drastically on your pop intake and that you are feeling and looking good? Ahhh this blog entry made me mad for you! Keep your chin up, you are beautiful and I am proud for all of your hard work and early morning wake up calls!!!! You kicked my butt in the workout department the past seven week girlfriend.

    ReplyDelete